CD WITH 36 PAGE BOOKLET
• Long overdue: a CD compilation featuring Cliff Richard’s early rockers in ‘The Brits Are Rocking’ series on Bear Family Records®.
• • Cliff Richard and The Shadows were the most successful rock ‘n’ roll combo in Britain until … Beatlemania swept the country.
• • This album presents 34 of his most rocking songs from 1958 to 1962, including Move It!, High Class Baby, Dynamite, Choppin’ ‘n’ Changin’, and Livin’ Lovin’ Doll, as well as numerous cover versions of popular U.S. rock ‘n’ roll hits.
• • Extensive, enjoyable liner notes by expert on British beat and rock ‘n’ roll, Ashley Wood, in the illustrated booklet with discographical details and many photos.
• • Carefully remastered recordings from the best possible sources by one of the greats of pop
Before the Fab Four released their recipe for mania in 1963, Britain’s top selling beat group was
unquestionably Cliff Richard and The Shadows. Starting out as The Drifters, the group pushed Cliff
into the spotlight and opened their recording account with Move It!- one of the best and most
important British pop records of the 20th century. By the time the group released their follow-up single
High Class Baby, Cliff had been voted the best newcomer in a readers pop poll and the New Musical
Express was soon railing against “The most crude exhibitionism ever seen on British TV” and asking
“Is Cliff too sexy?”.
Before the following year was out, Cliff had toned down his 45 releases with Living Doll and Travellin’
Light but he still found time along the way to detonate a few explosive tracks and it is those up-tempo
numbers such as Dynamite and Choppin’ ‘n’ Changin’ that feature on the latest CD in Bear Family’s
‘The Brits Are Rocking’ series.
GENRE: Rock N Roll
RELEASE DATE: 20/10/2023