Second album with more great recordings from the earliest sessions (1951 and 1952) featuring Chester Burnett aka The Howlin’ Wolf.
• • The recordings were made by Sam Phillips at his Memphis Recording Service.
• • At the time, these recordings remained unreleased!
• • These masters and alternate versions were discovered decades later.
• • Howlin’ Wolf is one of the giants of the blues with his hard electric blues style and his unique voice that is just bursting with power.
• • Guitarist Willie Johnson – one of the first to get such brutal sounds out of an amp in the blues … luckily the amp barely survived those sessions.
• • Digitally copied from the original sources and currently remastered for the vinyl edition using state-of-the-art studio technology: both 10″ albums sound fantastic!
• • The liner notes and discographical details in the illustrated booklet are by British blues expert and music historian Martin Hawkins.
• • Also available: ‘Boy, You Got The Blues There!’ (BAF14031) with another 10 originally unreleased early Memphis recordings.
Mr. Highway Man / Cadillac Daddy Color And Kind My Baby Walked Off Baby Ride With Me (Ridin’ In The Moonlight)
Dorothy Mae #2
Smile At Me Decoration Day Blues California Blues Well That’s All Right CV Wine Blues / Drinkin’ CV Wine