Heaven done called another blues stringer back home” Six Strings Down.
• • Jimmie Vaughan, co-founder of the Fabulous Thunderbirds and older brother of Stevie Ray Vaughan, recorded one of the most fascinating blues/roots albums of all time in 1994!
• • We at Bear Family Records® are proud to release this exquisite Nile Rodgers production on vinyl for the first time worldwide as an audiophile double LP limited to 1,500 numbered copies.
• • Mastered by grandmaster Bob Ludwig, the album is pressed off DMM foils and plays at 45 rpm for perfect sound reproduction.
• • Great songs like Boom-Bapa-Boom, Flamence Dancer, Tilt A Whirl, Two Wings and the beautiful tribute to his brother who died in an accident in 1990, Six Strings Down, were recorded with Bill Willis – Hammond B3, and George Rains – drums, plus guest Dr. John.
• • A gatefold cover with all song lyrics and Boom-Bapa-Boom in a longer version (not on original CD) complete this fantastic vinyl project.
‘Strange Pleasure’, the first solo album by Texas guitarist Jimmie Vaughan, was released on CD in
1994. Produced by the brilliant Nile Rodgers and mastered by one of the greatest in the business,
Bob Ludwig, ‘Strange Pleasure’ became the musical and sound model for many subsequent
productions. It established Vaughan as a musician, singer and songwriter in his own right and was the
beginning of his Tilt A Whirl Band based on chunky Hammond B3 accompaniment.
Jimmie Vaughan was born in Dallas in 1951. After his first teenage experiences in garage rock bands,
he became interested in blues at an early age. His idols include Albert Collins, Freddie King, Albert
King and Johnny ‘Guitar’ Watson. In 1974, he formed the Fabulous Thunderbirds, the seminal blues combo of the day, which reached No. 10 on the Billboard singles chart in 1986 with Tuff Enuff.
RELEASE DATE: 20/10/2023