It happened in 1967… The Summer of Love may date back 50+ years, but ’Tages – Studio’ will remain a timeless classic.
Every household should get its copy!!!
1-LP vinyl (12inch), 180gram + DVD + 8-page booklet (25×25 cms)
* Tages: Studio – reissue of iconic Swedish psychedelic/pop album from 1967!
* LP (gatefold sleeve) plus bonus DVD in cardboard sleeve (DVD5, b&w, 30 min., English, 4:3, NTSC, region: 0)
* Legendary Swedish production from the same league as the Beatles’ ’Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ and ’Odyssey & Oracle’ by the Zombies.
* Psychedelic pop masterpiece, an essential 1967 mod–freakbeat album.
* Includes promo film ’Dalamania’, produced and telecasted by Sweden’s national SVT in 1968.
* Includes attractive full colour 8-page booklet, 25x25cms with loads of rare memorabilia and photos.
Tages (pronounced “tah-guess”) are universally known as the best sixties pop band from Sweden. They struck it big early, hitting the Swedish #1 with Sleep Little Girl in 1964! Their efforts in the psychedelic era would be their last. ’Studio’ should sit comfortably next to other masterpieces of the year 1967, a few notches closer to ’Odyssey & Oracle’ than ’Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’.
Thanks to the tape cuts, orchestration, harmonies, and studio tricks, it sounds like THE TAGES
The guys got their hands on a copy of Brian Wilson’s then yet unreleased ’Smile’ tapes. Certainly, anybody willing to spend enough time exploring all the rabbit holes in the Beatles’ catalogue owes themselves a trip through this marvelous record. The accompanying previously unreleased DVD of ’Dalamania’ was produced by Swedish national TV, SVT and shows the Tages on the height of their psychedelic career. This little piece of rock history appears to be such a thing as the Swedish
version of the UK Beatles movie, ’Magical Mystery Tour’. Since its original broadcast in 1968, ’Dalamania’ has remained unnoticed on the shelfs of SVT. First time on DVD, ever.
An album like ’Studio’ should have propelled The Tages to the top 500 lists, worldwide, rather than remain a Swedish Rock ’n’ Roll footnote. Members of the Tages would form Blond in 1969, a band that disbanded in 1970.
01 Have You Seen Your Brother Lately
02 It’s My Life
03 Like A Woman
04 People Without Faces
05 I Left My Shoes At Home
06 She’s A Man
01 Seeing With Love
02 Created By You
03 What’s The Time
04 It’s In A Dream
05 She’s Having A Baby Now
06 The Old Man Wafwer
GENRE: Psychedelic Rock/Pop