Dead and Dripping create their own kaleidoscopic world of dizzying and pummelling brutal/technical death metal where they relentlessly whip up a maelstrom of mind-boggling riffs and drum patterns. It’s too easy to drown yourself in their undulating waves of intense blasting and slower breakdowns and one can’t be blamed to lie corpse-like amid it all. There’s even an interlude right in the middle of this album serving as a flotation device but as it’s aptly titled, it’s only hopeless given the sheer magnitude of the complex brutality that is offered here.
As breathless as it will leave you, the music here is highly intricate and meticulously executed, and not rushed just to come across as needlessly chaotic or extreme. Everything is perfectly audible even with the riffs piling up, the organic production only adding value to the vigorous and ultimately highly enjoyable playing. For what Dead and Dripping set out to do, with ‘Blackened Cerebral Rifts’ they certainly get the job done, not compromising in any area and delivering one of the most satisfying if not rewarding albums in this genre.
1. Tragic Ascent Of Absurdity’s Pale Moon
2. Humanoid Statues Parading Condescending Gestures
3. Aural Interference With Uncanny Subconscious Frequencies
4. Infinitely Plummeting Into Violet Portals Of Delusion
5. Hopeless Desire For Reprieve
6. Meticulously Unraveling The Serpentine Consciousness
7. Kaleidoscopic Visions Of Porous Obsidian Eternities
8. Molecular Degradation Upon Warped Onyx Stoves
9. Hysterical Mirages of Otherworldly Calamity
GENRE: Black Metal
RELEASE DATE: 22/09/2023