1‐CD (Digipak) with 36‐page booklet, 27 tracks. Total playing time approx. 70 min.
* With this overdue music retrospective Bear Family Records® provides a splendid overview of the career of Jimmy Cavallo and His House Rockers from 1956 to 2006!
* It’s evident here how Cavallo went from rhythm ‘n’ blues to the Northern Band sound and later found his way back to his R&B roots.
* Cavallo’s songs never made the charts, he was always overshadowed by the famous style related Bill Haley ‐ but this CD proves the liveliness and danceability of Jimmy Cavallo’s music.
* The album in our renowned ‘Rocks’ series contains all the recordings from the 1950s, including all the Coral masters and rare live recordings from Alan Freed’s ‘Rock And Roll Dance Party’ shows.
* The numbers recorded by Cavallo in 1959/’60 for the Sunnyside and Hand labels are among today’s sougafter rarities.
* The compilation is rounded off with two ‘newer’ recordings for Blue Wave Records!
* The 36‐page color booklet includes the Cavallo story written by noted Chicago music journalist Bill Dahl, plus rare photos, illustrations and discographical details.
Rock, Rock, Rock
Among Jimmy Cavallo’s greatest achievements is his appearance in the 1956 rock ‘n’ roll film
‘Rock, Rock, Rock.’ In addition to the title song, he can be seen and heard on two more pieces. The ‘Rocks’ compilation on Bear Family Records® covers Jimmy Cavallo’s entire career, from his first recordings in 1956, through the aforementioned film recordings, the complete Coral material and the rare singles on Sunnyside, Hand and Darcy. In addition, as a special treat, there are two live recordings from an Alan Freed show in 1956, a selected track from a 1972 EP, and two more recent recordings from the Blue Wave label. Jimmy Cavallo was active until his death in 2019.
Cavallo or Cavello?
This mystery, too, is revealed in Bill Dahl’s Jimmy Cavallo story in the 36‐page color booklet.
The well‐known music journalist from Chicago has not only meticulously researched, he also consulted several interviews that he conducted exclusively with Jimmy Cavallo at the time.
Therefore, Dahl’s Cavallo bio contains many previously unknown details and anecdotes. Of course, rare photos and illustrations are again included, and a discography by Bill Dahl and Marc Mittelacher round out the album. Rock, Rock, Rock!
01 Rock, Rock, Rock ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
02 That’s The Groovy Thing ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
03 I Got Eyes For You ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & The House Rockers
04 Ha Ha Ha Blues ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & The House Rockers
05 Rock The Joint ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & The House Rockers
06 Leave Married Women Alone ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & The House Rockers
07 Soda Shoppe Rock ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
08 The Big Beat ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
09 Ooh‐Wee (You Sure Look Good To Me) ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
10 Foot Stompin’ ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
11 I’m With You ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
12 Let’m Roll ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
13 Teenage Lover ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
14 Yo‐Yo Baby ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
15 Dream Toy ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
16 Cherry Pie ‐ Jimmy Cavello & The House Rockers
17 Don’t Move Me No More ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & His Quintet
18 Blue Turning Grey Over You ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & His Quintet
19 Chicken Talk ‐ The Cavello‐Chickeni Quintet
20 School Days ‐ The Cavello‐Chickeni Quintet
21 Fanny Brown ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & His House Rockers
22 Early In The Morning ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & His House Rockers
23 La‐La ‐ The Jimmy Cavallo Four
24 I’m Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town ‐ Jimmy Cavallo w/ Ron Spencer & Jumpstart
25 I Feel That Old Age Coming On ‐ Jimmy Cavallo
26 Rock, Rock, Rock (Live) ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & His House Rockers
27 That’s The Groovy Thing (Live) ‐ Jimmy Cavallo & His House Rockers
GENRE: Rock N Roll/Honkin R&B