• Long overdue: A CD showcase with early, kick-ass rock ‘n’ roll and Beat music made by Ricky Shayne and his band, The Skylarks, now appears on Bear Family Records®!
• • The CD album delivers all the Italian recordings from 1966/67 for RCA Italiana and its Arc sub-label, including the complete Arc LP ‘Ricky Shayne and The Skylarks’.
• • In addition, there are six songs from 1968, released at the time on Miura, including La Catena, the Italian version of Ich sprenge alle Ketten – all on CD for the first time!
• • Three German RCA recordings from 1968 as a bonus: Ich sprenge alle Ketten, Du bist zu schön um allein zu sein and Ich kann bei Mädchen keine Tränen seh’n as well as a tribute to Elvis, Chicago (In The Ghetto) from 1969.
• • The accompanying book provides trilingual liner notes (English, German, Italian) by ‘Jamboree Magazine’ editor Maurizio Maiotti.
• • Mastered from the best possible original sources.
George Albert Tabett – better known as Ricky Shayne – was born in Cairo in 1944, moved to Paris
with his mother in 1959, took singing lessons and eventually moved to Italy, where he scored his first
Top 10 hit in 1966 with Uno dei Mods.
The CD compilation on Bear Family Records® delivers at its core the complete exciting early Italian
recordings from 1966 to ’67, gruff, bone-dry beat and rock ‘n’ roll at its finest! In that early phase of his
career, Ricky Shayne & The Skylarks were among the most popular artists in Italy.
GENRE: Rock N Roll/Pop