INCLUDES 36 PAGE BOOKLET
• Wake Up, Rock ‘n’ Roll Rock-A-Baby: Bear Family Records® provides a CD album by Mac Curtis in the popular ‘Rocks’ series.
• • This disc was long overdue, delivering for the first time the very finest rocking material from Mac Curtis – and from all the labels he ever recorded rockabilly for.
• • Including: the rare and originally unreleased LeCam recording No, the unreleased King rocker Goosebumps, and an alternate version of Say So.
• • All recordings remastered to Bear Family standard and narrated in detail by Roland Heinrich Rumtreiber in the accompanying booklet.
• • In short: party-ready compilation of smash hits by one of the most important rockabilly artists of all time.
A Bear Family compilation of Mac Curtis material is long overdue. “Many companies have preceded Bear Family,” you might say. But – Bear Family Records® is the first company to bring you Mac Curtis’ rockinest material spanning all labels that featured Mac as a rockabilly artist. Mac Curtis, alongside Ray Campi – and to some degree Charlie Feathers, initiated, nurtured, and prototyped the European rockabilly revival that, in turn, helped save rockabilly from oblivion and re-kindle interest back in the US. If you want rockabilly in its purest form, your slap bass slapped un-compromisingly, and to be young, wild, and free again, buy this record! This compilation brings you his greatest ‘50s boppers from the King label alongside his wildest stuff recorded for Ronny Weiser’s Rollin’ Rock label.
Bear Family Records® licensed three tracks from Mac’s rare 1998 Vinyl Japan release with Welsh rockers The Rimshots as a special bonus. And that ain’t all: Rockabilly legend John Lewis, who was instrumental in recording Mac Curtis after their mutual tour in 1998, sums up this rocking extravaganza with his tribute song Flat Top Cat.
This CD rocks from start to finish – if you buy only one rockabilly compilation in your life – ‘Mac Curtis: Rocks’ on Bear Family Records®.
Wake Up, Rock’n Roll Rock-A-Baby Real Good Itch What You Want Goosebumps (unissued) Hard Hearted Girl Little Miss Linda That’s How Much I Love You Sidething Don’t You Love Me That Ain’t Nothing But Right Half Hearted Love You Ain’t Treatin’ Me Right If I Had Me A Woman Say So (alt. Take) Just So You Call Me Grandaddy’s Rockin’ You Oughta See Grandma Rock Party Line Rockin’
Mother No (LeCam unissued) Good Rockin’ Tomorrow For Your Love Missy Ann You Are My Very Special Baby The Low Road How Long Will It Take Good Love, Sweet Love Been Gone A Long Time Hey Hey Little Lady Show Me The Money Little Mama Have Mercy John Lewis: Flat Top Cat (dedicated to Mac Curtis)
RELEASE DATE: 22/09/2023