Peter Steele once said: “I like to put on hardcore when I have to clean my apartment, which I hate to do, but it’s motivational. I like old heavy metal when I’m outside working on my car. Music has definite functions for me”. Unfortunately, we don’t know what this Jolly Green Giant would say about grindcore, but luckily, we do know how some top representatives of the world’s most extreme scene see Type O Negative.
Blast No.1 is a tribute to Type O Negative, in which various death, grind, crust, d-beat and powerviolance bands present their interpretation of songs written by Brooklyn’s most characteristic group ever. It’s a crazy blend of blast beats, harsh guitars and growls mixed with melancholy and atmosphere that was always an essential part of ToN’s music. This tribute album is brave, vulgar and extending the boundaries of both grindcore and Peter Steele’s songs. As a matter of fact, many members of most noisy bands on the planet are really dedicated fans of ToN music: genre defying crust pioneers from UK – HELLBASTARD, Polish grind veterans – SCHISMOPATHIC, 1st league Southeast Asia reps – PROLETAR or Ireland’s most deadly weapon – ABADDON INCARNATE … to name a few.
The entire graphical side was thought to be a blend of unique Type o Negative classic style with symbol familiar to every blastcore fan. Credit goes to Ada from Bite The Dust. (https://www.facebook.com/TylkoKurz)
Blast No.1 is an effect of over two years of work by 783punx and different bands from all over the world. Edi – the brain behind 783punx comments: “When I talked to the bands, I gave them just one condition – take slow and long ToN song and convert it into short and super-fast grindcore song, but try to keep it as recognisable as possible … easy for me to BAND: V/A – Blastbeat Tribute To Type O Negative say”. This release was born from love to both Type O Negative and obscure grind. Does this
combination sound weird to you? Perhaps …, but is it one of the most honest, surprising, and
innovative tribute albums you would ever hear? You’ve been warned!
BLAST, BLAST, BLAST, BLAST No. 1
This limited deluxe CD variant comes in jewelcase with hype sticker and 24 pages booklet containing pictures of all the bands involved and very special interpretation of iconic ToN album covers. Additionally, “grind-tweaked” ToN covers artworks and logos / symbols are delivered as 12x12cm stickers!
01. KANNIBAL KRIS (Germany) – Are You Afraid
02. TASK FORCE BEER (Germany) – Prelude To Agony
03. SCHISMOPATHIC (Poland) – I Don’t Wanna Be Me
04. HELLBASTARD (England) – We Hate Everyone
05. DISHELL (Poland) – Xero Tolerance
06. VERANO’S DOGS (Italy) – Love You To Death
07. HERIDA PROFUNDA (Poland) – All Hallows Eve
08. BOTTOM (Poland) – Be My Druidess
09. GENDO IKARI (Scotland) – Kill You Tonight
10. PLAGUE BEARER (Poland) – Creepy Green Light
11. PROLETAR (Indonesia) – Angry Inch
12. BOYCOTT THE BAPTIST (England) – Everything Dies
13. WILL COPE (Lithuania) – Some Stupid Tomorrow
14. ASSUR (Belgium) – Christian Woman
15. EMISSAIRES OF SIN (Wales) – Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All)
16. HOT COPS (England) – My Girlfriend’s Girlfriend
17. SKITZO (USA) – Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity
18. ABADDON INCARNATE (Ireland) – Dead Again
19. THE ATROCITY EXHIBIT (England) – Der Untermensch
RELEASE DATE: 22/09/2023